- the need for an area strategy or masterplan for the future development of Cambuslang;
- stronger protection of greenspace and particularly no further development on the Green Belt to the south of the town;
- a commitment to the regeneration of Cambuslang Town Centre;
- assessment of the possibility of extending the boundaries of Clyde Gateway to include Cambuslang;
- ruling out the development of a supermarket on Bridge Street;
- creation of a park-and-ride opposite the station to free up spaces in car parks and local streets;
- support for Local Nature Reserve designation for Holmhills Wood Community Park.
A copy of the full response by Cambuslang Community Council to the development plan proposals is available here.